ORIGINAL RECEIPTS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
Misbound books and faulty items will be exchanged and replaced with a like copy or product.
If a replacement item is not available a full refund may be given at ubiq’s sole discretion.
New textbooks and general books must be in perfect condition. Returns are accepted based on standards set by the publishers. Publishers will not accept any book with even just the slightest defect or damage. If a text or general book is purchased new there is no exchange if the book is fully or partially read, used, marked, bent, torn or if the spine is cracked. Customers are responsible for checking the condition of their books at the time of purchase. ubiq is not responsible for the condition of the book once it has left the store.
Returns can be exchanged for any other item in store including other books, stationery or a ubiq gift card (store credit) only – no cash refunds will be given.
1. Textbooks (New and Second-Hand) and printed coursebooks.
ubiq will allow new textbooks and coursebooks to be returned if you change your course of study, provided all the following conditions are met:
- Original receipt is provided.
- Book is returned within 14 days of the date of purchase or up until the end of the second week of the current semester (whichever is the latest date).
- Proof you have withdrawn from your course of study.
- Book must be in brand new, resalable condition and must be in original packaging; no returns or exchanges if shrink wrap has been removed.
Books that do not meet these conditions may be bought back as second-hand at ubiq’s sole discretion.
E-books, secondhand books and any book with an online access code are sold on a non-returnable basis.
2. General/Reference Books
ubiq will exchange general/reference books subject to all the following conditions being met:
- Proof of purchase is established, either original receipt or exchange card with valid date if issued.
- Book is returned within 14 days from the date of purchase, or within 14 days of the date stated on a valid exchange card.
- Book is in brand new, resalable condition.
3. Stationery and Gift Stationery
Sealed, unopened stationery can be returned for an exchange only provided the following conditions are met:
- Original receipt is provided.
- Item is returned within seven days of purchase.
- The item is in its original packaging sealed, unopened, and in brand new, resalable condition.
All other stationery is sold on a non-returnable basis.
All exchanges outside of the above conditions are at ubiq’s sole discretion.
4. Online Returns
- Online orders that have not yet been processed may be cancelled for a full refund.
- If you wish to return or exchange an item purchased online, you must contact us within seven days of delivery or notification if collecting in store.
- If you receive an item damaged during shipment, ubiq must be notified within seven days of delivery.
- Shipping fees are non-refundable unless the return is due to an error in processing or shipping, or the product is defective.
- We recommend that packages are returned using a traceable shipping method (i.e. Courier Post Track and Trace). We do not accept responsibility for items lost or damaged in transit when returning to us.
- Orders unable to be fulfilled inside our initial quoted timeframe due to shipping delays or supplier out of stocks can be cancelled for exchange or credit.
- If you cancel your order before it has been shipped, you will be charged a 10% cancellation fee before a credit is issued.
- If you cancel your order after it has been shipped, please follow our Returns Policy. The cancellation will be treated as a Return.
- Please follow the returns process once your order arrives and please note your delivery fee will not be refunded.
5. Non-returnable items (unless faulty)
- Products ordered in specifically for you.
- Apparel and Merchandise (including University of Auckland and AUT merchandise, Lab Coats, Chef’s Apparel and Safety Goggles).
- Sale Items.
- Unsealed and open stationery items.
- Printed legislation.
- Cosmetics and Pharmaceuticals (including, but not limited to, Lip Balm, Hand Creams, Sanitary Products and Panadol).
- E-Books and any book sold with an online access code.
- Food and drink.
Our Returns Policy is subject to change at any time without notice and it is at ubiq’s sole discretion whether any item is accepted for return or exchange (unless misbound or faulty as per our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act).