Choose your area of study:
Ways to Order
- Telephone: Call us on 09 306 2704 with your requirements and your chosen payment option (see below for payment options).
- Email: Email us. Please ensure you provide details of the books you require, contact number, delivery address and payment option (see below for payment options).
- Postal Mail: Post your order to ubiq, PO Box 90944, Victoria Street West, Auckland 1142.
- Order Online: Order from this website. Just click the drop down menu at the top of this page and select NorthTec, then your Faculty, Department and Paper to see what books are required (major credit cards accepted and encryption applies). Please add 'NorthTec' in the comments field.
- Facsimilie: Fax ordered to us on 09 306 2701
- Credit Card: We accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Diners and ubiq Gift Cards.
- Online Banking:
(a) Place your order online and state you are paying online in the Comments field when you complete your details.
(b) ubiq a/c 03 0104 0122950 003 (Please ensure you use your full name and/or mobile number as a reference).
- Cash Deposit: at any Westpac branch:
- (a) Place your order online and state you are paying by cash deposit in the Comments field when you complete your details.
(b) ubiq a/c 03 0104 0122950 003 ((Please ensure you use your full name and/or mobile number as a reference).
- Cheque: make out to University Bookshop Ltd and send together with your order details (ubiq reserves the right to hold delivery pending clearance).
To ensure your books reach you in a safe and timely fashion, we offer a free weekly freight service for students only. Your order will be delivered to the NorthTec Library for collection. Please note 'Library Delivery' in the Comments field.
If you would like to have your texts shipped to your home, there will be a $4.90 charge (excluding rural delivery) and ubiq takes no responsibility for non-delivered packages. Our couriers require a signature when delivering packages.
Any online pricing now shows the discounted price - no student ID is required! Any item that is nett priced has already been discounted and no further student discounts or otherwise will apply. If you are unsure if this applies to items you are purchasing please contact us.
ubiq is your official academic book specialist and textbook supplier on campus. We are 100% student (AUSA) owned, our profits are returned to student services. We are here to help you give students the best deals and the latest academic books at the best prices.
ubiq is a fully serviced academic campus store, complete with an extensive range of general books, general academic and text books, student course supplies, stationery and more.
Please email us:
- If you are new to campus.
- If you have taken up a position as a course co-ordinator.
- For assistance getting in touch with academic publishers' reps, if you haven't found the text you want.
- To inform us of your roll numbers.
- To familiarise yourselves with our ordering systems or simply to check stock levels or order progress.
- To arrange to talk to our academic buyer.
Changes to courses:
Please notify us of any changes in the following:
- Roll Numbers - increases and decreases.
- Course co-ordinator details.
- Texts for courses.
- Semester occurrences.
This information is crucial for accurate ordering. We rely on you communicating with us to keep us up-to-date with changes.
Not sure which book to adopt? Please contact us for suggestions and recommendations.
Always indicate clearly what edition or version of a text you are intending to use. It is ubiq policy to only stock the most current edition or version of texts. If your requirement is different, please let us know.
Contact information for all NorthTec academics and co-ordinators is:
Phone: 09 306 2704
Fax: 09 306 2701
Email: [email protected]