This new edition of the Cambridge Idioms Dictionary explains over 7,000 idioms current in British, American and Australian English, helping learners to understand them and use them with confidence.
• Fully updated with new idioms, e.g. think outside the box, play out of your skin, the new black
• New, attractive page layout with idioms in colour for easy reference
• Clear explanations and example sentences for every idiom
• Most common idioms highlighted so students know which to learn
• Topic section covering useful language areas, e.g. agreeing and disagreeing, telling stories
Publication date: 2006-08